well, its been quite a while since i last blogged. I'm not a big blogger like my sister Kaytee...however, i do have my sister Trudie beat. Jason suggested a while back I should write a blog about our pet cricket. So here goes:
Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Let a cricket live inside your apartment for a few weeks. "jiminey" has been living somewhere behind/in/under my fridge for over 3 weeks now, and let me tell you, the chirping loses its charm after the first day or so. I used to lament the abesence of crickets here in the "big city", and think nostalgically about warm summer nights playing outdoors in Oregon with the crickets providing the perfect soundtrack. Not any more, my friend, not any more. This cricket is driving me crazy. I keep thinking, when is he/she/it going to die already? I mean, what is he eating back there? And to make it worse, I think i had a chance to kill it when I saw in my bathroom a few weeks ago but I was too scared (I hate getting near to bugs--even near enough to kill them). And then the next day the chirping began. At least he's cut back his hours to night time only now, so I do not have to hear him "singing" all day while I work. Very nice of him...but then, he is staying here rent-free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
oh that is hilarious! I hope you can find and squash that little bugger! :-)
I completely understand. Rob and I once lived in an old house with lots of bugs. A cricket took up residence in our BEDROOM and we had to listen to him every night for a week. It was hard to sleep and Robert got really pissed. Eventually he stopped. We think a big centiped (or some other bug) ate him. Probably because they were annoyed too. I hope you place is filled with another bigger bug and it come and eats him up.
Post a Comment