Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Beach Pit

Finding good BBQ in California is not easy. Jason the Texan was always dissatisfied with the places we tried. But a couple years ago we happened upon the Beach Pit in Costa Mesa. This place has delicious briskit and Jason also likes the sausage. Their sides are wonderful (spicy beans! blueberry cornbread!) but my favorite item on the menu is the sweet potato fries.

However, the real reason we return again and again is the play area for kids. We can sit on the patio (with propane heaters!) and let Kelly run around w/all the other kids in the fenced in play area. Why don't more restaurants offer this? Have the owners never tried to enjoy a meal out w/a squirmy, whiny toddler? Not so fun. I don't know what kind of restaurant I'll open some day but I can tell you this: it will have a play area.



2 comments:

Pahules said...

we'll have to get a full frontal shot of the place so people can see how neat a place this really is.

Unknown said...

this place owns my soul.