Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Kelly 2.5

At 2 1/2 weeks old, Kelly is doing just great. He got weighed at the doctor's yesterday and has gained 3/4 of a pound since birth and now tips the scales at 7lb, 8oz. He just started to get a little baby acne, but he still looks precious. He went to his first WyldLife Club last night and was very well behaved up until half-way through his mommy's message about Jesus. Good thing his cry is cute and barely audible! Our sweet neighbors, many of whom have brought by gifts, have commented that they never hear him cry--I am so relieved! I figured we'd be hated by the other tennants in the apartment complex w/a screaming baby, but we've been lucky.

Kelly and I went grocery shopping yesterday. I put his car seat up on the cart like I've seen other parents do. Well, other parents must be taller than me, because with kelly up there I couldn't see over him and would bump into things! I had to keep looking around the cart to see if there were any protruding objects or small children in front of me. I can't wait to get the baby carrier sling from Trudie!

2 comments:

Lucky Gem said...

I used to run into all sorts of things at the grocery store b/c I couldn't see over the carrier! So glad someone else does it, too. Now, my baby is old enough to sit in the seat part.

Hillary said...

Hahaha! Not being able see over the shopping cart is something I've never thought of! One of these days he'll be big enough to sit right in the cart with one of those brilliant germ covers and you'll have smooth sailing :-)