Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update

so i think the cricket is gone for good. its 9:39pm and i dont hear him...yay!! perhaps the oppossum ate him. yes, that's right. there was a possum (is there supposed to be a silent o at the beginning? that's lame) in my apartment the other night. i was sitting in the living room when i heard a scratching noise coming from the kitchen. i thought maybe it was the cricket coming out from hiding, so i was preparing myself to kill it this time. but then i saw a nose poking out from behind the garbage can! i thought it was a mouse, and then as i saw more of the nose, a rat. Then the little bugger ran out and went under my desk. Yes, definately a possum--baby one though.

I called Jason on the phone (cuz he was out of town) and frantically told him about our intruder. He said to close the bedroom door (kelly was sleeping in there) and go get Carlos, our upstairs neighbor. So i knocked on his door but no one answered. I knew they were up there, however, because I had heard them stomping around (as i often do). So I rang the doorbell and who answered the door but none other than a naked Debbie. Yes, she was pretty much naked for all I could tell behind the screen door and in the dark. It didn't surprise me because these two go at it like rabbits (yes, i hear that often too).

After getting dressed, Carlos came down to my rescue, broom in hand. I stood on a chair like a little lady and directed him as he banged the broom around my desk. nothing. Then i saw it behind the green chair. Carlos poked at it and it ran behind the armoire. He poked at it some more (while muttering some obscenities) and it ran out from behind the armouire and out the front door!

I guess I'll make sure I shut the door when I go across to do laundry next time!

2 comments:

Shalyse said...

that is freaking nasty...i would have died and screamed sooooo loud! hilarious!!!

sojourner said...

Just browsing different blogs. Came to yours through "as a deer pants for water." Just want to say you are blessed to have a neighbor to run to your rescue, broom in hand! We've had problems with critters like that. However, they haven't made it into the house yet. Major roof damage by rogue racoons though. I'm from San Antonio and have 3 grown boys. Therefore, I loved your cutie in the Longhorn T!