Monday, September 10, 2007

Kelly's Blessing


Kelly Slater signed my belly!!! Jason, Ann Marie and I spent Sunday morning down at the Boost Mobile Pro Surfing Contest at Trestles. It's the only main-land ASP surfing comp., so our only chance at seeing Kelly Slater (and all the other pro's) up close and personal--and boy did it get personal! How do you get an 8-time world champ surfer to put his hand on your stomach? Throw all dignity to the wind and yell over at him like a little kid. And it worked! "Kelly will you sign my stomach! I'm naming the baby Kelly--for real!" I was so nervous and shocked that I wasn't able to really relax and enjoy the moment. Afterward I was shaking from the adrenaline. Other people then came up to me and wanted pictures and video footage of my new tattoo. It may be on the Hurley website soon...


Now with a blessing from Kelly Slater, how can our kid not grow up to shred?









1 comment:

Shalyse said...

ok first of all...you are way too stinking cute to be 8 months pregnant and in a bikini? Second, that is SO cool that Kelly Slater signed your belly. He is so hot! :-) baby Kelly is famous!!!