Monday, September 3, 2007

97 degrees

Yes, that's right. It was 97 degrees here in Huntington Beach yesterday. This is very rare for a place that is usually in the low 70's. We have no air conditioning and my apartment is set up so that any cool breeze that would come from the ocean is blocked by the other apartments. This is not an optimal situation for a woman in her last weeks of pregnancy. I guess I have 3 times as much blood running through my body which keeps my body temp nice and toasty for the little snugglebuns inside me. I think I got a heat rash on my stomach--no joke. I've been lounging on the couch all weekend w/my swollen feet up, drinking water bottle after water bottle and eating chilled grapes and drumsticks :) Good thing we got cable TV installed this last week! I did venture out into the world a few times and found solace inside airconditioned Albertsons. "Loitering on aisle 5." Today's set to be anther hot one as its already 78 at 8:30 in the morning.

p.s. I think the baby has "dropped".

1 comment:

Shalyse said...

are you feeling like that baby wants to come out yet??? :-) I bet you are so ready! Hang in there. Are you getting an epidural???